PerlShop setup instructions
- Download PerlShop by clicking
here ( http://www.dkg.net/mystore/index.html
). Save the file as perlshop.tar.gz . Sometimes browsers will attempt to change the
file extension or remove one of the dots.
- Upload PerlShop to your account via FTP in ***binary*** mode, not
ASCII. You'll want it in your root directory, so make sure you "cd /" or
set "/" (without the quotes) as your remote login directory for FTP. Need
help with FTP? See our FAQs page.
- Telnet into your server. Change to the directory you put
perlshop.tar.gz in and follow the installation directions found at http://www.arpanet.com/PerlShop/perlman.html
- You'll probably want to use "pico" to edit PerlShop.cgi
. At a telnet prompt, type "pico filename" (without the quotes)
where filename is the name of the file you want to edit from telnet.
- Our perl interpreter is located at /usr/bin/perl .
- We don't use 'CgiWrap'.
- Need help with unix commands? See our FAQs page.